Why join the Pyramid team?
Pyramid Heating & Cooling is actively seeking a Level 3+ Service Technician for our growing and diverse organization. We provide installation, service, and maintenance for commercial buildings, residential new construction and existing homes.
Pyramid offers a competitive compensation structure with company paid benefit package, 401K, and a quarterly bonus program.
Join the Pyramid team where our vision is helping our customers create an indoor environment that is healthy, comfortable, energy efficient, and environmentally friendly. Clients are treated with care and integrity all the way through the process. Pyramid reinvests earnings to serve our customers and teammates. Employees are respected and valued, with a path to advancement, and an on-going commitment to education and training.
Job Title: Service Technician - Level 3
Work Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm, with 30-minute lunch; alternating on call schedule to cover 24/7 emergency service; some weekends and evenings
Pay Scale: $23-$30/DOE + Signing Bonus!
Primary Job Function: To provide maintenance and repairs on residential and light commercial heating and air conditioning systems according to company standards providing the customer with a high-quality experience. Assist with training Level 1-2 Service Technicians.
Reports to: Service Manager
• Valid driver's license
• EPA Universal Refrigerant Handling License
• Demonstrate willingness to invest in tools used in Service of HVAC equipment
• Demonstrate willingness to invest time in service training seminars and classes
• Work from 28' extension ladder and 12' step ladder
• Meet all qualifications and have all tools required for Service Technicians Level 1-2. Including ability to demonstrate working knowledge of daily, weekly, monthly skills noted below
• Understand and communicate benefits of preventative maintenance • Demonstrate customer service skills and have ability to communicate clearly, idea's and explanations of problems to customers and coworkers
• Acquire low voltage license within 2 years of employment as Service Technician Level 3
• Acquire NATE Core certification within two years of employment as Service Technician Level 3.
• Demonstrate willingness to accept responsibility and leadership roles.
• Acquire Universal EPA Refrigerant Handling license with-in six months of entering Service Technician Level 3
Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly Duties:
• Purchase / Maintain required tool list for Service Technician Level 3
• Arrive at jobsite at scheduled time and location as dispatched
• Relocate from one jobsite to another jobsite as dispatched during the workday
• Report to dispatcher when arriving and leaving jobsite
• Operate company vehicle as needed
• Follow instructions from supervisor and/or dispatcher and carry out in timely manner
• Report problems with company tools or vehicle promptly
• Report problems with equipment to Service Dispatcher to expedite parts delivery
• Communicate with customers and collect C.O.D. on maintenance visits as directed
• Ability to work staggered schedule if required
• Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times
• Complete all service related forms properly
• Provide all customers with new / renewal maintenance agreement program information
• Acquire residential planned maintenance agreements
• Inform and educate customers on additional products or services available through company
• Inform customer of replacement options following company guidelines
• Ability to work staggered schedule if required
• On call status for emergency service as required
• Train and instruct Service Technicians Level 1 and 2 as directed
• Diagnose and troubleshoot residential and light commercial equipment, present repair and replacement options.
• Complete service repairs as approved by customer.
• Perform the following technical duties:
• Electrical and refrigeration principles
• Service tools and testing devices
• Ability to perform routine preventative maintenance on a wide variety of residential and light commercial equipment without supervision
• Ability to layout and install refrigeration piping
• Ability to Layout and install low voltage wiring
• Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams and blueprints
• Ability to diagnose most residential & light commercial system problems, recommend and perform repairs
• Ability to perform routine preventative maintenance on residential and light commercial equipment with minimal assistance and supervision
• Develop beginning knowledge of HVAC building code compliance
• Learn how to operate scissors and genie lifts in safe manner
• Develop basic knowledge of basic sheet metal practices
• Develop knowledge of air balancing principles and techniques
• Develop ability to calculate equipment efficiency
• Converse with building and homeowners, general contractors, referring questions and/or problems to supervisor
• Other duties as assigned
Performance Indicators: Certain key business indicators that will measure the effectiveness of this position. These include the following:
• Average ticket price of $250.
• Achieving average monthly revenue goal of $16,500.
• Customer compliments or complaints
• Legible and complete paperwork
• Callback ratio equal to or less than 4%